About the Department of Learning Outcomes Assessment
The Learning Outcomes Assessment (LOA) office oversees and supports all Penn State campuses in:
- Undergraduate degree assessment (both baccalaureate and associate)
- Assessment support for undergraduate disciplinary communities and shared degree communities (same degree on multiple campuses)
- Graduate degree assessment (master’s and doctorate)
- Undergraduate and graduate certificate assessment (credit and non-credit)
- General education assessment
- University-wide studies of undergraduate and graduate education
The LOA office coordinates University-wide strategy for learning outcomes assessment and completes education studies of undergraduate and graduate education in consultation with the University Committee for Assessment of Learning (UCAL).
LOA staff provide one-on-one consultations and customized workshops that are tailored to the needs of campuses, colleges or degree programs. To schedule a consultation or custom workshop, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The LOA staff also offer University-wide workshops on course and program assessment. Scheduled events are listed on our Events page.